Our Multi-Directional insert was originally designed and primarily thought of as a two-way motion sensitive precast cladding insert. However, over the years, designers have found numerous applications in which our inserts have been the perfect solution.
In addition to a concrete panel or masonry insert, it can be installed in structures for lateral support of precast, masonry, glass curtain walls, pipe hangers and other attachments to cast in place concrete.
Connection Specialties' Multi-Directional insert has been established over the past 20 years as an economical engineering solution in the concrete industry. They are ideal when you need a solution that:
- Allows thermal movement
- Decreases design time
- Allows floor deflection and erection tolerances
- Handles both tension and compression
- Engages reinforcing steel
- Eliminates loose hardware such as angles, nuts and washers
- More economical embeded in structure
- Eliminates the need for pockets in your structure
- Minimizes eccentricity on embedded plates
- Minimizes field welding
- Reduces design time